On June 12th in Brussels the Atlantic Treaty Association (ATA), in cooperation with “Abhath” Al Thuraya Consultancy and Researches and the Mediterranean-Gulf Forum, will hold a panel discussion on “Counterterrorism Strategies: Challenges and Perspectives”.
High representatives from the political, diplomatic, military, academic and economic fields from Europe, the Middle East and Africa, together with NATO and EU officials as well as delegates from the 37 National Atlantic Councils, will debate about the characteristics and hybrid techniques of the new terrorist threat tied to ISIS and its affiliated groups across the Middle East and Europe.
Allied and partner countries need to develop cooperative security strategies in the fight against terrorism, increasing cooperation in order to handle the ideological roots of terrorism and focusing on measures and solutions to be adopted in the field of de-radicalization.
The panel discussion will be moderated by Georgi GOTEV, EurActiv Senior Editor.
- Fabrizio W. LUCIOLLI, President Atlantic Treaty Association
- Karl A. LAMERS, Vice President of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly and Bundestag Defense Committee
- Peter SPOOR, Advisor to the EU Counter-Terrorism Coordinator
- Mohammed DAHLAN, former Minister and National Security Advisor Palestinian National Authority
- Ely Ould Mohammed VALL, Former President of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Fares BRAIZAT, Director of Strategic Studies and Evaluation, Office of His Majesty Royal Hashemite Court of Jordan
- Juliette BIRD, Head of Counter-Terrorism Section NATO Emerging Security Challenges Division
For registration, click on this link http://goo.gl/KAzahW
For further information visit our website http://bit.ly/1FwtnLw
For media accreditation please contact
Tel. +32 2 502 31 60
The Atlantic Treaty Association (ATA) is an organization of 37 national chapters that, for more than 60 years, has been conducting analysis, education, and information activities on foreign affairs and security issues relevant to the Atlantic Alliance.